Becoming a Follower of Jesus
- Remember that becoming the person God wants you to be takes time. Being a genuine follower of Jesus is a process. You are immediately reconciled to God, but you are embarking on a lifetime of being transformed from the inside out.
- Talk to someone who follows Jesus.
- Join with other followers in a larger group for worship and in a small group for growth, encouragement, and accountability.
- Read God’s Word. Beginning with the Gospel of Mark or John is a good place to start. You can find great FREE resources at biblegateway.com or youversion.com
- Pray – take time to talk to God every day. Talk with him as you work, study, drive, eat, and walk.
- Discover the gifts the Holy Spirit has given you and develop opportunities to use them to serve other believers and to reach those who have yet to believe.
- Find natural ways to share your faith with others
- If you’ve never been baptized, this is a sacred act God invites us to share in as a symbol of our sins being washed away and our lives being reunited with God and God’s people.
For more information, please contact us at: email@example.com