LEAD to equip and unify the congregation, leaders and staff to fulfill Faith’s mission by intentionally gathering, equipping and transforming lives and communities.
CULTIVATE a biblically-based culture through the power of the Holy Spirit where the Gospel is preached and life-change happens.
DEVELOP a congregation that is an intergenerational and multicultural community of faith.
MODEL how to engage in ministry and mission with a servant’s heart for both the congregation and the community.
Serve as the spiritual leader of the church and provide overall vision for the direction of the ministry. Demonstrate a consistent faithfulness in one’s personal and public walk with Christ, model humility with a servant’s heart, be prayerful in all things and boldly speak truth with grace in love. Be available to meet and talk with members of the congregation seeking spiritual guidance.
Teaching / Worship
Oversee the teaching ministries of the church for their biblical, Reformed and doctrinal soundness. Be the primary preaching pastor, providing biblically based teaching with harmonious and inspirational worship experiences and, challenging Christ-followers toward life transformation and kingdom engagement.
Equipping Leaders / Building Teams
Identify, attract, lead and develop gift-based, passion-driven, effective leaders and teams to do the work of ministry. Equip the congregation and leadership to carry out Faith’s mission. Work with those who are gifted in compassion and mercy to support those in the congregation who are in need of encouragement.
Missionally Focused / Discipleship-Driven
Cast a vision for evangelism and discipleship, challenging the congregation to maintain an outward focus to fulfill the Great Commission both locally and globally. Reach the lost and disciple them to maturity in Christ. Develop relationships with other churches and organizations in our community consistent with our church’s mission and values. Work with staff and church members to cultivate outreach events for the community. Network with partners in the community to educate, equip, and engage the congregation.
Lead the congregation to be future-thinking and forward-moving while honoring history, rooted relationships and treasured traditions. Build generational and cultural bridges by nurturing honesty, openness and respect for all.
Gives evidence of a personal and growing relationship with Jesus Christ; demonstrating the biblical qualities of I Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:5-9 and I Peter 5:1-5 with integrity, humility, responsibility, teachability and servanthood as a gracious and loving pastor. Candidates should:
- Be a seminary graduate (master of divinity) preferred or the equivalent theological education
- Be ordained and a participating member in good standing with their classis or governing ministerial body
- Have a pastoral ministry or senior/lead pastor experience
- Committed to Reformed theology
- Have experience as a pastor leading other staff members
- Believe, accept and support Faith’s mission, vision and values
- Have a commitment to serve within the church’s current denominational and interdenominational partnerships.
- Have a calling to pastoral ministry.
- The Lead Pastor will be received by and will participate in the local Classis of Cascades
- The Lead Pastor will be a member of, lead and be accountable to, the Consistory
- The Lead Pastor will oversee the staff to develop and lead a God-honoring and high-functioning equipping team
- Compensation includes salary, housing allowance, family medical insurance, retirement contributions and reimbursement for ministry-related expenses.
- Four weeks of vacation is provided.
- One week of study leave is provided, with Consistory approval.
- The Lead Pastor’s salary is commensurate with experience and the Classis guidelines. The Consistory will discuss those details at the appropriate time in the process.
Overview of the process.
- Review the form fields, questions, and church profile pages below
- Complete our access form.
- The search team will email you an application form link.
- Gather your files, teaching links, and brief answers.
- Fill in the online application form.
Quick link to PDF download and church profile pages
Application Form Fields
If you believe God might be leading you to take the next step, we would like to hear from you. A candidate will be considered when we receive all of the following:
- Letter of introduction
- References (at least three) These references will not be contacted without your prior permission
- Link(s) to view three video sermons or other teachings
Application Form Questions
Please submit your brief responses to the following questions:
- After reviewing the profile, position description and church website, how do you believe your specific calling, gifts and experiences might be a possible fit to lead Faith Church into its next season of ministry?
- What challenges you have encountered in your past ministries and how did you overcome them?
- In what ways and contexts have you led or served in the midst of diversity?
- Faith is part of the Reformed Church in America (RCA). Are there any initial questions or concerns you have with a covenantal Reformed theology and the theology you practice?
Application Form Access
Candidates interested in applying for consideration will need to submit all materials electronically. Start the process with this access form or use the same link to send any questions you may have to the search team. The search team will then email you an application form link. The application form will allow you to provide and upload all the above required information.
We will confirm receipt of documents and contact candidates to determine next steps.
PDF Download and Profile Links
This church profile is available as a PDF download. The link will open a new browser tab and depending on the browser you use the PDF will either be displayed (Chrome, Safari, Edge) or automatically download (Firefox Desktop). Please consider any printed or downloads from this site as reference copies. We consider the web version information to be the most up to date.